Today, I’m thrilled to announce the launch of Apps for Digital Asset Management and a Media Library Extension for the Chrome browser, which enables easy, flexible integration with all web-based applications in addition to making asset discovery more robust and accessible to all.
Apps for DAM
To realize the full potential of software, customization is a must even though it usually means additional cost and complexity. Not any more with Apps for DAM, which offers one-click access to robust capabilities for creating, processing, and managing assets tailored to your needs with the following features:
- App catalog. Prebuilt apps for automation, sharing, publication, and the like.
- Future-proof assurance. An API-based, low-maintenance capability adapted for extended use.
- Simple setup and integration. One-click installation of an intuitive interface with contextual menus and an action palette.
- Customization. Options for crafting single or multistep processes.
Media Library Extension for Chrome
Digital assets are an integral part of almost all workstreams, yet providing access within and across key business systems requires a great deal of effort and upkeep. Our new Media Library Extension for Chrome offers a simple, unified, and consistent interface within web-based apps for fast access to assets. No integration or technical expertise is required. Among the benefits are—
- Seamless integration. Full or partial access to the assets in the media library of web-based apps.
- Nontechnical setup. Simple installation, configuration, and use that requires no software prowess.
- Generation of variations. The ability to create multiple asset versions with UI-based media and transformation editors as well as library URL actions.
- Robust search. Basic, advanced, and visual search for assets within your media library and previously created collections.
On the Horizon: Natural Language Visual Search
Even though search is a key feature of an efficient DAM, search results are only as good as your metadata. No matter the size, every organization fights the losing battle of identifying and inputting the correct metadata to facilitate discovery of stored assets.
Enter Natural Language Visual Search, which creates meaningful tags of common terms by leveraging a neural network of millions of assets, greatly reducing the reliance on manual or automated entry of metadata. Among the features are—
- Relevance. The discovery of highly relevant assets based on visual content.
- Natural language. Broad and deep search terms, independent of the existing catalog’s metadata.
- Neural network. A network that’s significantly more flexible and all-encompassing than the existing models and that’s trained on a wide variety of images and natural languages.
Check out the details of Cloudinary’s DAM solution.