Last updated: Nov-14-2022
Both the upload and admin APIs provide methods for managing your uploaded media assets and related files such as upload presets, transformations, metadata, and more.
- The Admin API is rate-limited, which means you can make up to 500 requests per hour on our free plan, with increasing limits on our paid plans.
- You can make unlimited requests to the upload API.
Besides these APIs, administering your assets also involve activities such as backing up and, when needed, restoring previous versions of assets, preparing signatures for use with different operations that require authentication, and making decisions for when and which webhook notifications you want to set up to support your application needs.
- Managing assets: You can update and manage assets uploaded to your product environment through the
adminAPIs, as well as in the Media Library.
- Backups and version management: Enabling automatic backup means that every uploaded asset is also copied to a secondary write-protected location, while keeping multiple revisions per file. You can then restore deleted files or specific versions of a file.
- Notifications: Notifications inform your backend when certain actions have completed, either from an
uploadAPI method, or from a user action in the Media Library.
- Signatures: Provides an overview and quick reference summarizing the various types of signatures you may need to generate and the payload you need to include in the signature for each case.