There are several ways in which you can determine your account behavior. You can:
- Set your preferences for the behavior and/or appearance of the Media Library.
- Configure settings that influence how your account's media is uploaded, stored, and delivered.
- Extend the core functionality of your DAM by adding apps to your account.
Media Library preferences enable you to control the behavior and/or appearance of the Media Library, such as determining the way custom metadata is displayed and maintained or what is included in the results when you run an Advanced Search.
- The Media Library Preferences pane is available only for users with a Master admin role. Changes to these options apply for all users in the account.
- Most of the options in the Media Library Preferences pane impact only the Media Library experience. However, the Keep existing metadata when uploading newer versions of an asset option impacts both Media Library uploads and the Cloudinary Upload API. Therefore, if your organization also uses the Cloudinary Upload API, make sure that all relevant developers are in sync on the settings of this option, as changes to it could impact applications in production.
To access the Media Library preferences, click from the top left toolbar of the Media Library, and select Preferences from the navigation pane.
After you modify and save modifications to the Media Library preferences, logged in account users may need to refresh their browsers to apply the changes.
The defaults in the Media Library Preferences provide a good starting place for your Digital Asset Management activities. However, each organization should review all the available options in the Media Library Preferences pane to determine the settings that best answer its needs.
In the Media Library Preferences, you can customize the user interface for your account or sub-account by setting the default display language. The selected language becomes the default language for the Media Library, Manage Structured Metadata page (admins only), as well as for publicly shared collections and media portals.
Individual users in the DAM as well as viewers of publicly shared collections and media portals can switch languages in the relevant interface.
For users within the DAM, the language they select is a global setting that applies to all sub-accounts they have access to.
You can select and order up to 10 filters that will be permanently displayed in the Advanced Search. The filters that you don't select are still accessible and can be added by the user while performing a search.
From the Media Library preferences, you can select whether or not the option to download original images and videos will be displayed in published collections and media portals, which are shared with stakeholders outside your organization.
If you select Remove option to download original images and videos:
- The option to download original images and videos won't be offered.
- This admin setting can't be overwritten when publishing an individual collection or creating a media portal.
If you deselect Remove option to download original images and videos:
- The option to download originals will be offered.
- The option to download original images and videos can still be removed when publishing a specific collection or creating a media portal.
Whether you select or deselect Remove option to download original images and videos:
- Original images and videos can be previewed.
- The option to download original raw assets is offered.
In addition to defining Media Library preferences, you can configure additional settings that influence how your account's media is uploaded, stored, and delivered. These account settings can affect both DAM users and developers who work with your Cloudinary account. Click the Settings icon at the top-right of the console to view your account settings.
The defaults in the account Settings provide a good starting place for your Digital Asset Management activities. However, each organization should review all the available options in all tabs of the account settings and determine the settings that best answer your organization's needs.
The following sections highlight a few of the common settings that DAM administrators change when setting up their account.
The Upload tab of the account settings includes options that impact the default behavior applied to media when you upload it to your account. Those you may want to pay special attention to include:
Automatic backup: Determines whether every uploaded file is securely backed up, including support for multiple revisions. When enabled, the backups increase your account's storage usage.
Media Library upload presets: Upload Presets are a predefined set of upload preferences. To control the way all assets are uploaded via the Media Library, you can assign specific signed upload presets to act as the defaults for image, video, and raw uploads within the Media Library. For more information, see Managing upload presets in the DAM.
The options in the Security tab mainly affect the API and asset delivery. To configure these settings, coordinate with one of your developers.
However, the Allow delivery of PDF and ZIP files setting, in addition to determining whether PDF and ZIP files can be programmatically delivered, also affects asset and collection sharing in the Media Library. You must turn on this setting to publish collections and to publish single assets that are PDF and ZIP files (including
You can customize and enhance the Media Library core product by selecting apps to add to your account or sub-account. Enable the apps that are relevant to your DAM users from the set of apps that have been made available.
To access the Media Library apps, click from the top left toolbar of the Media Library, and select App Marketplace from the navigation pane.
Read the description on the cover of each app and click Learn more... for more information about what each app has to offer, including a quick demo. Then, enable the ones that are useful to you and your team. Once you've enabled your apps, you can access them from the relevant menus in the Media Library.
- The Apps for DAM pane is available for users with admin roles. Changes to these options apply for all users of the account or sub-account.
- Visit this page periodically to check for additional apps that Cloudinary may make available.
- If an app has been custom-built for your account or sub-account, that app will appear under the heading Built-in apps. Built-in apps can't be directly disabled from this page. If you want to disable a built-in app, contact support.