Last updated: Jan-16-2023
You can view reports that provide DAM-specific usage information. In addition, there are a few locations in the Cloudinary Console where you can view statistics, graphs, and other important information about your account usage in general.
You can view summary details and trend graphs to help you analyze your overall DAM usage in terms of total assets, collection activity, and uploads.
The following metrics are displayed on the dashboard:
Gain important insights into how your DAM is being used:
|Assets||Total assets stored in your DAM and how those assets are distributed in terms of images, videos, and raw files.||If you have relatively few videos in storage, your presentation may benefit from increasing the number of videos you use.|
|Users||Total users and how many users are assigned to each role.||If you have a lot of administrators relative to Media Library users, you may not be following the best practice of having more Media Library users than administrators.|
|Collections and published collections||Total collections and the total number of assets they contain. You can also view the total number of published collections and total assets they contain.||If you have a relatively small number of published collections, your team may be using collections mostly for internal communication.|
|Live portals||Total live portals and the total number of assets they contain.||If you have a relatively small number of total assets, your team may tend to publish portals with a small number of assets.|
See which collections have been viewed the most during a selected period of time, and find out which of your published collections are the most popular. (A single view consists of opening a collection and all actions performed in it until the collection is closed.)
On the dashboard itself, you can see the 10 collections with the most views. Click on a collection to open it for a closer look.
The downloaded version shows all published collections, ordered by greatest to least number of views.
You can find out how many total uploads were made in your product environment in the past 7 days, and how many uploads were made on each day.
You can also filter that data to find out how many uploads were performed via API calls and by account users, and how many uploads were performed per asset type (image, video, or raw file). These filters can be combined to give you an even more granular picture. For example, you can find out how many image API uploads were made on a specific day.
You can use this information to understand upload trends (for example, if video uploads increase per day, or are clustered around a certain period of time) and usage patterns (for example, if more uploads are performed by Cloudinary users or via apps that use API calls).
You can generate a report that lists:
- All account management activities, for example user management and product environment management actions.
- All actions performed on tracking-enabled product environments, for example uploading and deleting assets, updating metadata, adding assets to collections, etc.
Use cases for this type of report include:
- Analyzing monthly asset usage.
- Finding more details about a known action, for example, which user deleted a certain asset.
- Auditing purposes.
Some considerations when generating your report:
- You can select a start and end date for the activities that will be included in your report. The actual start and end date are not included in the report (only the dates in between).
- Generated reports will be available for up to 30 days.
- Up to 30 reports are saved at a time.
- It may take some time to generate a report. Feel free to continue your other DAM activities while the report is being generated, and check back later to see if the report is ready for download.
To generate an activity report:
- From the navigation pane, select Activity Reports.
- Select a date range and click Generate.NoteYour start date must be before your end date.
To view information about asset usage throughout your account and not limited to DAM (including summary details, trend graphs covering your overall account usage in terms of transformations, total assets, used storage and bandwidth, registered add-ons) and to sign up to receive email notifications, navigate to your Dashboard.
Select Programmable Media from the Product Selector located at the top left of your Console, and select Dashboard from the Product Navigation menu.
For more information, see Account usage data.