Last updated: Apr-08-2023
This page provides an in-depth introduction to the Vue.js frontend framework library.
Cloudinary's Vue.js frontend framework library provides image rendering capabilities and plugins that you can implement using code that integrates seamlessly with your existing Vue.js application.
This example shows a transformation URL being created using the
@cloudinary/url-gen package, and rendered using Vue.js. It demonstrates the use of tree shaking to reduce the bundle size, which explains why there are so many
This code creates the URL required to deliver the front_face.jpg image with the following transformations applied:
- Crop to a 150x150 thumbnail using face-detection gravity to automatically determine the location for the crop
- Round the corners with a 20 pixel radius
- Apply a sepia effect
- Overlay the Cloudinary logo on the southeast corner of the image (with a slight offset). The logo is scaled down to a 50 pixel width, with increased brightness and partial transparency (opacity = 60%)
- Rotate the resulting image (including the overlay) by 10 degrees
- Convert and deliver the image in PNG format (the originally uploaded image was a JPG)
And here's the URL that is generated from the above code:
- See all possible transformations in the Transformation URL API reference.
- See more examples of image and video transformations using the
Get started with Vue.js
Vue.js SDK installation and configuration video tutorial
Watch this video tutorial to see how to install and configure the Vue.js SDK:
You can specify the configuration parameters that are used to create the delivery URLs, either using a Cloudinary instance or per image/video.
camelCase, for example cloudName.
Cloudinary instance configuration
If you want to use the same configuration to deliver all your media assets, it's best to set up the configuration through a Cloudinary instance, for example:
You can set other configuration parameters related to your cloud and URL as required, for example, if you have your own custom domain name, and want to generate a secure URL (HTTPS):
Asset instance configuration
If you need to specify different configurations to deliver your media assets, you can specify the configuration per image/video instance, for example:
@cloudinary/url-gen package simplifies the generation of transformation URLs, and includes special components and directives for easy embedding of assets in your Vue.js application.
@cloudinary/url-gen package installs an additional transformation-builder-sdk library as a dependency, which handles the transformation generation part of the URL.
You can use the Transformation Builder reference to find all available transformations, syntax and examples.
To find out more about transforming your assets using the
@cloudinary/url-gen package, see:
The Cloudinary Vue.js library provides plugins to render the media on your site in the most optimal way and improve your user's experience by automating media tasks like lazy loading, responsive images and more.
Try out the examples in these code explorers: