Shopify is an e-commerce platform that enables you to set up your own online shop. It offers a suite of services including payments, marketing, shipping and customer engagement tools to simplify the process of running an online store for merchants.
Key to online retail is having relevant images and videos portraying your products. By using the Cloudinary app for Shopify, you can offer exceptional media experiences to your customers, with automatic optimization, fast delivery and engaging presentation of product media.
Additionally, you can maintain a single source of truth for all your assets, with all the media management benefits that Cloudinary offers.
- Improved page load times: The Cloudinary app automatically optimizes the format and quality of images and videos displayed on your storefront and caches content on fast content delivery networks for speedy delivery.
- Responsive media: Media is automatically resized on the fly to suit any viewing device.
- Engaging product media experiences: Display your product media using Cloudinary's highly customizable and accessible Product Gallery.
- Single source of truth for media: Store all product media in Cloudinary's Media Library with one click to benefit from advanced media management and editing capabilities.
To get an idea of the functionality provided by the Cloudinary app for Shopify, watch the following video that covers:
|0:26||Installing the app and connecting to your Cloudinary account|
|1:18||Uploading product media from Shopify to your Cloudinary Media Library|
|3:09||Using the Cloudinary Media Manager to add media from Cloudinary to products in Shopify|
|3:53||Modifying theme templates to display media from Cloudinary on your storefront|
|5:10||Comparing the performance of media with and without Cloudinary on your storefront|
To get started with the Cloudinary Shopify app, go straight to the user guide where you'll learn how to:
- Upload your Shopify media to Cloudinary.
- Edit your store's theme to display media delivered from Cloudinary on your storefront.
- Inspect your store's media URLs to verify that images and videos are being delivered from Cloudinary in the optimal way.
- Manage your product media, either by continuing to upload to Shopify and syncing to Cloudinary, or by uploading media directly from Cloudinary and making the most of its media management features.
You may also want to take a look at Cloudinary's five-chapter Guide to Building the Ultimate E-Commerce Website. The guide includes suggestions by e-commerce and technical experts on how to build a versatile marketplace by selecting automated e-commerce and CMS platforms that help you create, modify, and deploy adaptable user experiences.